Kidnapped South Carolina child safely rescued in Alabama

Authorities searching for missing 4-year-old Heidi Renae Todd

Authorities searching for missing 4-year-old Heidi Renae Todd

Heidi Todd has been reunited with her family, our fellow Nexstar station WCBD confirms. She was found Wednesday.

Police in Charleston are searching for a missing four-year-old girl.

Heidi has been returned safely to her family, and her mother, who underwent emergency surgery, is expected to survive.

Riverside, Alabama, Police Chief Rick Oliver found the pair in the vehicle, parked deep into the woods, around 20 miles east of Birmingham, after members of a railroad crew noticed the care and called the police. When approached by police, Evans handed over the girl and sped off, Oliver said.

Oliver says he knew the situation was odd when the he saw the little girl in the back seat wearing an adult hoodie and pajama trousers.

That is when the chief was able to get the 4-year-old from the auto, before Evans got back in the vehicle and drove away.

Israeli protesters urge Netanyahu to step down
The police in a statement recommended that the Israeli leader should be charged as they had "enough evidence" to indict him. The statement was Mandelblit's first since police recommended filing criminal charges against Netanyahu on Tuesday.

Evans was arrested after a police chase that ended in Lauderdale County, Mississippi.

Evans, who wore a red jumpsuit, handcuffs and shackles during Friday's hearing, told a USA magistrate that he was released from prison two weeks ago. The woman's other two kids were at school. Police said she was found safe in Riverside, Alabama. Officers went to the Todd residence at 2985 Sweetleaf Lane and found Todd beaten and badly injured. The suspect was described by authorities only as an "unwanted visitor", and police have not yet provided a motive for the attack or kidnapping.

Dispatch officials received the initial call about Todd being missing at 5:50 p.m. on Tuesday.

A spokesperson for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said Wednesday morning an Amber Alert has not been issued because they do not have enough information on the adult that could be with her. About an hour after the vigil, the news came out that Heidi had been found.

"We give the glory and our thanks that all prayers have been answered, and that Heidi Todd is safe in the hands of the Federal Bureau of Investigation", said Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg said at a news conference Wednesday night where he also said that the girl had been located.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.