Kidnapping victim shot to death: Timeline of events

FBI Agent Kills Kidnapping Victim During Raid

FBI Agent Kills Kidnapping Victim During Raid

Cunningham told investigators that Valladares was being held at Heath's home in northeast Houston, according to court documents.

The man later died after being transported to the hospital. Officers arrested the two men at a hotel in Webster.

The man was kidnapped when two men barged into the home he shared with his brother and his 12-year-old son Wednesday.

According to a criminal complaint obtained by KTRK, the men told the victim that his brother owed them $8,000 and demanded $20,000 in ransom. The men took Villadares from the house, left the child, and told him not to contact police.

The child managed to break free and make it to a neighbor's home, who called police. "Whether it was accidental or not, the man is not going home to his family".

As the circumstances surrounding the man's death remain under investigation, three suspects in the kidnapping were in court Friday morning on charges of taking part in a chaotic plot that police say involved a home invasion, the escape of a child and a ransom demand.

Chinese Manufacturers Flooding US with Opioids Through USPS
The next month he received a package from someone identified by the investigators as a Pennsylvania-based distributor. The sellers preferred payment in Bitcoin.

"The system failed", Conroe Police Chief Philip Dupuis said during a news conference Thursday. The incident began when two men with handguns forced their way into a residence while a 12-year-old boy and his father were home. "The lights weren't on, so I don't know how they were living", Monique McKnight, a neighbor, said. Agents also located the cellphone used to call the brother, according the court documents.

The agent involved in the shooting has been placed on leave, which is protocol when there's a shooting.

"The FBI takes very seriously any shooting incidents involving our agents and as such have an effective, time-tested process for addressing them", the agency said in a statement.

Garza told ABC affiliate KTRK that she could provide many details about the incident, saying only that during "an Federal Bureau of Investigation operation" a man was "fatally injured". Heath faces an aggravated kidnapping charge. "The FBI tactical response unit and investigators went to the area of Trinity Gardens where FBI made entry into a home where the victim was being held".

"Even though it appears one possibility is friendly fire, the kidnappers put this into play, so they're ultimately responsible for the outcome", explains Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.