Turkey Completes Deal to Buy Antimissile System From Russia

Turkey Reportedly Signs $2.5 Billion Deal To Buy Russian S-400 Missile Systems

Turkey Reportedly Signs $2.5 Billion Deal To Buy Russian S-400 Missile Systems

The Karlov killing did little damage to a Russian-Turkish rapprochement that was taking place at the time, with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan seeking to mend ties. "The deal is completely done", Canikli said.

Photo Turkish news media reported on Friday that Turkey would purchase four S-400 units from Russian Federation at a cost of $2.5 billion.

The minister said what was at stake during the negotiations was whether to take out a loan or finance it themselves.

"They are paying 45 percent of the total contract amount as an advance".

Former Steelers DE Harrison signs with Patriots
Harrison's limited playing time was a given since the Steelers preferred to use younger pass rushers in T.J. James Harrison is no longer the odd man out or the oldest man in the locker room.

The Hurriyet Daily News newspaper said the loan deal for four S-400 surface-to-air missile batteries was signed in the Turkish capital Ankara on Friday. "Otherwise, it was already a done deal", he added.

The S-400, Russia's most advanced long-range anti-aircraft missile system, can carry three types of missiles, including ballistic and cruise missiles.

According to Kommersant daily report on December 27, Turkey will pay 45 percent of the cost up front, with Russian Federation providing loans to cover the remaining 55 percent of the deal worth US$2.5 Billion.

Previously it was announced that the delivery of the S-400 Triumf systems was scheduled to start in late 2019 or early 2020. The S-400 can engage targets at a distance of 400 kilometers and at an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.