House of Cards' Final Season Moving Forward Without Kevin Spacey

Netflix (NFLX) Stock Price, Financials and News | Fortune 500

Netflix (NFLX) Stock Price, Financials and News | Fortune 500

Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos said, the final season of the political drama will be a mere eight episodes and will not feature the 58-year-old actor. Spacey was sacked from his role following a series of allegations of sexual misconduct.

"House of Cards" writers have been racing against the clock to find a new direction for the final season in light of Spacey's absence. Production of "House of Cards" season 6 was suspended in October, following sexual assault allegations against star Kevin Spacey.

Us Weekly confirmed on Monday that the show's sixth and final season will resume without Spacey, but with Robin Wright as the lead. Work will resume in the new year with Spacey's character Frank Underwood written out of the show. In the second half of his post, Spacey wrote, "I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man". "We're excited for the 370 people who make "House of Cards" and have done the best work of their lives on that show; for the 2,000 people in Baltimore who have come to depend on that show for their jobs".

Last week MRC producers had informed "House of Cards" cast and crew that the hiatus on season 6 would be extended through December 8 and that the crew will continue to be paid during the break.

Ali Expects Critics to Discredit His Win Because Miguel Cotto is 'Old'
The punch that he once would have landed now misses by inches, and the punch the other guy would have missed now finds the target. Cotto said he hurt his left biceps in the seventh round, per the HBO broadcast. "I don't want to make excuses", he said.

The Old Vic has said that an internal investigation found 20 people claimed they had been the victims of inappropriate behaviour by Spacey.

A source familiar with the decision told CNN Monday that Netflix had chose to restart production without Spacey.

Netflix cut ties with Spacey back in November, saying at the time it would "not be involved with any further production of "House of Cards" that includes Kevin Spacey".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.