Civilians injured in Saudi-led strikes on Yemen capital

Hunger Crisis in Yemen 2017

Hunger Crisis in Yemen 2017

ADEN-The Saudi-led military coalition fighting against Yemen's Houthi movement will allow the resumption of worldwide commercial flights to the country, a Yemeni government minister said, easing its nationwide blockade.

Warplanes continued to circle in the skies above Sanaa after the strikes, the witnesses added.

The United Nations and more than 20 aid groups said on November 9 that the Saudi-led coalition's tightening of a blockade on war-torn Yemen could bring millions of people closer to "starvation and death".

A number of houses were also reportedly damaged in the strike.

The coalition shut down Yemen's borders earlier this week after Saudi forces on Saturday intercepted a ballistic missile fired by the Huthis near the Riyadh airport.

Saudi Arabia has blamed Iran for supplying the rebels with the missile, sparking tensions between the Middle East rivals and fears of a military confrontation.

We'll Buy Arms From Russia, Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Tells Vladimir Putin
The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines said Trump arrived in Manila at 5:45 p.m. But Vietnam's trade surplus remains an irritant for the Trump administration.

According to defenseworld.net, the announcement comes after Saudi air defense forces reported that they had intercepted a ballistic missile in midair that was sacked from Yemen over northern Riyadh.

The Arabian coalition, which is fighting the rebels-Houthis in Yemen, lifted a temporary ban on flights to airports in Aden and Sauna in Yemen.

Concerned by the rise of the rebels, who are allegedly backed by Iran, Saudi Arabia and a coalition of Sunni Arab states launched a massive air campaign in 2015 aimed at reinstalling President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi's government.

"The humanitarian situation in Yemen is extremely fragile and any disruption in the pipeline of critical supplies such as food, fuel and medicines has the potential to bring millions of people closer to starvation and death", said humanitarian organizations, including the United Nations, working in Yemen in a joint statement Thursday.

More than 2,000 Yemenis have died in a cholera outbreak now affecting almost one million people.

Since then, more than 10,000 people have been killed and at least 40,000 wounded, mostly from Saudi-led air strikes.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.