J&K: 3 terrorists killed in encounter with security forces near Srinagar Airport

Day After Fidayeen Strike, BSF Chief Says It's Difficult To Stop Such Attacks In J&K

Day After Fidayeen Strike, BSF Chief Says It's Difficult To Stop Such Attacks In J&K

Security forces have killed two terrorists, and operations are still on against at least one more terrorist holed up inside the campus.

The Governor observed that he had spoken on these lines with Director General of Police (DGP) Dr S P Vaid immediately after he was informed about the fidayeen attack.

Sharma after participating in the wreath-laying ceremony for BSF assistant sub-inspector BK Yadav in humhama on Wednesday said, "The fidayeen are determined. We will have to deal with them separately", he said. Indian forces' personnel have sealed all the routes leading to the airport while flights have been suspended.

Heavily armed militants stormed an Indian Border Security Force (BSF) camp early Tuesday in disputed Jammu and Kashmir's capital.

This battalion is entrusted with security of runway of the Srinagar airport.

All the three attackers were killed in the seven hour long gunfight with security forces. By that time the Rashtriya Rifles, SOG (Special Operations Group) and CRPF also joined the operation. Airports in metro cities have been also put on high alert.

Americans win Nobel Prize in physics for work on gravitational forces
Weiss seconded that sentiment during a news conference, saying that the Nobel "recognizes the work of a thousand people". However, gravitational waves are direct testimony to disruptions in spacetime itself.

"We lost one ASI of the BSF and three others sustained injuries; the three are stable", he said.

Security forces continue to exchange fire with the attackers.

Khan, who heads the police force in the Kashmir Valley, denied that there had been a security breach that led to the attack.

The Indian authorities blamed Jaish-e-Muhammad, a militant group based in Pakistan, for the attack as they have other recent ones in Kashmir, including an attack previous year that left 19 Indian soldiers dead in the border town of Uri. Jaish-e-Muhammad has claimed responsibility for the attack, reports said.

He is believed to have trained in Pakistan and is now active in north Kashmir's Sopore area. However, one junior BSF officer succumbed to fidayeen's bullets at Army's Base Hospital in Srinagar.

Meanwhile, militants also shot dead a cop in Awantipora area of Pulwama District in Jammu and Kashmir last night.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.